Marywood University's Math & Science Center Booking Page
The Math and Science Center now appointment only through the calendars below. Please read through the following information addressing frequently asked questions.
What we offer: Free individualized one-on-one or small group tutoring for math, BIOL, CHEM, or PHYS courses.
Who are the tutors? Undergraduate and graduate math and science majors in excellent academic standing
How do I select the right tutor for my course and schedule needs?
- Select the appropriate calendar.
- Select your desired appointment time (15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes). This defaults to 30 minutes.
- Click on the i icon next to each tutor name for tutor biography and course offerings.
- Select tutor, date, and time based on remaining availability.
- Fill out form.
- Receive confirmation email with appointment details, zoom link, cancellation link, and Google Calendar link. An additional reminder email will be automatically send 2-3 hours before your appointment.
- Important! Be careful typing in your email address! The system sends to the address you input, so you typos will not receive confirmation and reminder emails.
- Add your appointment to your Google Calendar so you don't forget!
Where? 266 Learning Center or Zoom. Simply select "In Person" or "Online" when making your appointment. A zoom link will be sent to your email regardless of choice, but tutor will meet according to your selection.
I don't see any available tutor for my needs. Can I request an tutor through the course tutor request form or ask a tutor to meet me outside hours?
The short answer is no. We've worked hard to provide guaranteed and efficient one-on-one appointment options for as many math and science course offerings as possible, but we do not have staff for every course offering. When a tutor is booked or otherwise unavailable, they will not show up on the calendar. Appointments are granted on a first-come and first-serve basis, and students are encouraged to book in advance. Any tutor who is qualified to tutor higher levell courses in your area is also able to tutor introductory level courses even if not listed.
Can I attend with my friends? Yes! Please indicate names in appointment form.
- Students are limtied to one appointment per day and three total appointments per week (3 total for math and 3 total for sciences). Any additional appointments will be removed.
- Students must cancel a minimum of one hour before appointment if necessary through emailed cancellation link.
- After three no-shows, students will be banned from using the center for the remainder of the semester.
- After a ten minute grace period, students will be marked as a no-show.
What should I bring with me?
- A realistic goal for the time you have booked in relation to exam or assignment date and what you have prepared prior to your appointment.
- Any relevant notes, text, directions, or course materials
Can I still drop in without an appointment?
- As we get used to this new process, you may drop in with the understanding that appointments take priority and you will be required to make an appointment before beginning tutoring session. This guarantees your spot and also helps us collect information to better address tutoring needs. You will also be instructed to make an appointment upon arrival and may not begin tutoring until you do so.
Other tutoring resources
- Course Tutor Request Form for all non-writing, BIOL, CHEM, MATH, or PHYS courses.
- Writing Center: Simply click the drop-down menu at the top of this page!
- Instagram: @MarywoodTutoring